Roses are the regal queens of the flower kingdom. Red, white, pink, yellow and peach roses are all elegant, beautiful and radiate unconditional love to the world. So what does each special hue have to say to your loved one?
While every lady will have their flower and colour preference, there are some similarities we’ve found from people who have a certain penchant for either red or white roses, or the less traditional pink, yellow and peach ones. Are you still puzzling over which colour of roses you should present to your lover? Maybe this little primer will help you make a decision!
Red is for the deeply romantic lady, the lover of love, poetry, and passion. She is not afraid to feel what she feels. Her strength lies in her boldness and calm confidence, and she is deeply feminine. Maybe not always in the most conventional ways – she might, say, not always like being in a skirt! And she might even beat you at oh, mountain-climbing and deep sea diving – but her willpower and compassion will move mountains. Red, red roses signify her fiery passion and refined strength. There’s no better way to show her love and appreciation than with red roses.
Love Poems for the Red Rose Lover
- “She walks in beauty, like the night” – Lord Byron
- “Have you ever loved a rose
and watched her slowly bloom;
and her petals would unfold,
you grew drunk on her perfume. – Lang Leav, The Rose
- “Chemistry is you touching my arm / And it setting fire to my mind” – Nayyirah Waheed
White is for the reserved lady, who loves understated elegance. But don’t be mistaken – she is just as passionate as the lady who loves Red. She just prefers to keep her cards closer to her chest, that’s all. She burns white hot in her love – but she might enjoy keeping you guessing. Because she knows the value of her heart, and she will only accept someone into her heart who not only loves and desires her – but deeply values her as well, just as much as she values herself. Her discerning nature and crystal clear intelligence are her greatest powers. A sense of spirituality and new beginnings also accompany white roses – which is why you’ll see them at weddings.
Love Poems for the white rose lover:
- “What is the root of all these words? One thing: Love. But a love so deep and sweet it needed to express itself with scents, sounds, colors that never before existed.” – Hafiz, The Gift
- “yet love knows not of death nor calculus above the simple sum of heart plus heart.” – Love is a Parallax, Sylvia Plath
- “I love you without knowing how, or when, or from where. I love you simply, without problems or pride: I love you in this way because I do not know any other way of loving but this, in which there is no I or you, so intimate that your hand upon my chest is my hand, so intimate that when I fall asleep your eyes close.” – Pablo Neruda, 100 Love Sonnets
Pink roses are for that first blush of love – when love is there, and slowly but surely blossoming in intensity. For that graceful and elegant lady you want to show your appreciation and admiration for.
Yellow & Peach Roses
Peach roses stand out for their unique, warm hue. Bright yet restrained at the same time, peach roses convey enthusiasm, passion and gratitude. For that avant-garde lady who loves to stand out for the crowd. Yellow roses, on the other hand, show unbridled sunniness and joy – making them great for friendships and a symbol of joy and good health.